Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Winner of the Treasury Challenge #18

Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Alpaca team's 18th treasury challenge! I hope everybody had fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

Below is this week's winner, chosen by TheHeirloomBouquet.

Here's what TheHeirloomBouquet had to say about the challenge and the treasuries!

I have to say a big thanks to everyone who participated in this weeks challenge. I had a lot of fun looking at everyone's idea for treasuries and all the beautiful items in them. (I have a lot of new favourites now!).

I was expecting a lot of bridal treasuries because of the nature of the inspiration item, but I was really pleased and surprised at all the different approaches that participants took. I guess that just shows what a creative lot the Alpaca Team are.

I must admit as soon as I saw the winning treasury I knew it was the one. I love that it was different to the more feminine treasuries with its dark steampunk feel. It really did stand out, and so did my bouquet, so the winner is...

`Victorian' by VeritasCrafts.





That said, I really love feminine and romantic treasuries (I make them all the time!) and I had a tough time deciding on the HMs. I narrowed it down to:

`Disco Date' by GrandmasCrochetCotta
(most of the jewellery I use is from the 70s and I loved that link)

`Do they make cotton candy flavoured cappuccinos?' by barefootbananas

`Autumn Romance' by beadingproject

`Baby Doll' by FallingLadies

`I Do' by SimplyAroha

`A Touch of Old Hollywood Glamour' by NouveauTique
(for picking up on the Vivien Leigh link)

`She needed to get out of the office more often' by VeritasCrafts
(but I don't know if anyone is allowed to win and have an HM!)


Although there was a clear winner, all of the treasuries were beautiful this week and I've faced some difficult choices with the HMs. I've had a blast and I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who took part.

Best,
TheHeirloomBouquet



Congratulations to VeritasCrafts and all the honorable mentions!!
The next challenge will begin... Tuesday, August 18th at noon Eastern!

No comments:

Post a Comment